Friday, August 21, 2026

Upcoming Trips

I finally had my back surgery! 🎉

Ive had a herniated disc since April 1st and it was really difficult to even simply walk, I saw two spine surgeons and ended up getting a microdiscectomy and a spacer placed in my back, that was August 11th. So all of April, May, June, and July and most especially the first 11 days of August have been primarily characterized by pain. I'm recovering now, very excited to report. And I can finally start planning all the travel ive been deprived of for months! 

First on the agenda, one of my best friends since high school is coming to visit me for a long weekend, and we are going to take an overnight by ourselves to a brewery out by Harper's ferry in Virginia. We will get tonsit on the patio and drink new beers, talk for hours and hours and hours, and camp in my van with its newly acquired air conditioning :) 

Next, I am hoping to take an overnight trip by myself out to Chincoteague island to take a boat tour to see the wild ponies. I read about them ehen I was a little girl, during a long "horse phase" for a girl who had lived in apartments her whole life 🤣 but i love wildlife, and as bucket list items go, this is probably the biggest one for our current station. I also want to piddle around the town on Chincoteague island and visit the old bookshops and the cafes and maybe a rock shop or two. So fingers crossed for a good bill of health and consistently improving mobility. 

Then, I want to take a longer road trip to pick up my friend up in Massachusetts and take her to New Hampshire to ride the white mountain train so we can see the autumn leaves together. We will make tea and crochet stuff in camping chairs while we watch the sunset, itll be glorious. Itll be two days of driving, one day of relaxing and trains, and then two days of driving back, but you know what, if the leaves are pretty ill really enjoy the drive anyway. 

Then, my husband should be disappearing off to training again sometime soon, so ill pack the boys up and retry the indefinite roadtrip again, and see if it goes better this time. The boys did great last time, though jasper did lament that he wanted to go home several times, mostly when he got told no about something. So maybe this time he will be happier, we will see. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Upcoming Trips

I finally had my back surgery! 🎉 Ive had a herniated disc since April 1st and it was really difficult to even simply walk, I saw two spine ...